Clinics & Services
We offer the following services:
- Coronary Heart Disease Monitoring
- Baby Clinic
- Well Baby - Health Visitor Clinics
- Carterknowle - Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month 10.30-11.30am
- Dore - Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month 10.30-11.30am
- To contact the Health Visitor Team please call 0114 3053624
- Smoking Clinic - Stop Smoking Service freephone 0800 068 4490 (9am-5pm) - after 5pm will transfer to GP Co-operative
We are delighted as a training Practice to announce that we are one of the first practices in the region to take on trainees from the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University on the Physician Associates course.
Physician Associates are a new type of Medical Practitioner with post graduate clinical training and who work with Doctors and Nurses in the diagnosis and management of patients.
They are trained to perform a number of roles including:
- Taking medical histories
- Performing examinations
- Analysing test results
- Diagnosing illnesses
- Formulating management plans
They are always under the direct supervision of a Doctor.
Please discuss with a receptionist if you feel an appointment with a Physician Associate may be helpful for you.
Our Nurse Practitioner is able to treat adults and children over 1 years, for a wide range of conditions, for example:
- Coughs and chest infections
- Sore throats
- Earache/ear infections
- Sticky/sore eyes
- Cystitis/urine infections
- Thrush infection
- Vaginal discharge/infection
- Contraception - including emergency contraception
- Minor injuries - sprains, burns, bites
- Advice on general health issues.
The Nurse Practitioner will be able to give you a prescription if required, or refer you to a doctor if necessary.
Please note this only refers to acute prescriptions, relevant to the condition presented at the consultation.
If you have any of the above complaints, are aged 1 years or over, please ask to see the Nurse Practitioner over a GP. This helps us enormously with being able to evenly distribute demand for on the day appointments.
Our practice nurses are available to give general advice concerning health matters. They offer an extensive range of services including:
- Asthma reviews
- Diabetic reviews
- Coronary Heart Disease reviews
- Travel health services
- Cervical Smears
- Pessary fittings
The Healthcare Assistants can carry out a range of services including:
- New patient screenings
- Taking blood / urine samples
- Blood pressures checks
- INR checks
- BMR and NHS healthchecks
New Evening & Weekend GP Practice Appointments
Primary Care Sheffield has now set up a range of NHS urgent and routine healthcare services on weekday evenings and at weekends through six ‘satellite hubs’ across Sheffield.
All sites are existing GP surgeries and are staffed by Sheffield GPs and other practice staff.
The services available include:
- Urgent appointments with a GP
- Practice nurse appointments for the following routine services:
- Blood pressure checks
- Removal of stitches
- Dressing changes (patients must bring their new dressings with them to the appointment)
- Asthma reviews/checks
- Diabetes checks/reviews
- Ear syringing
- Blood tests
- Appointments with a physiotherapist for assessment of Musculoskeletal pain.
You can book these appointments via us.
Teenage Social Prescribing
We are now able to offer a clinic with a Young Person's Link Worker. Connor Watkins is our new Teenage Social Prescriber, as part of the Porter Valley Primary Care Network.
If you are aged between 13 -18 and having difficulties with low mood, anxiety, poor confidence or self-esteem, he can work with you to understand more about how you’re feeling and help you find your way into well-being boosting activities to support your health and well-being.
This could be introducing you to social events, community activities and support services, helping you build the confidence to engage with these independently and tackle other issues you may be facing such as emotional problems, loneliness, isolation and difficulties with education and employment.
For further information or if you are interested in accessing this, please speak to your GP.